Tuesday, July 24, 2007

praying and preparing


I really feel as if I am letting this blog lie fallow for a while. I have so many things bouncing around in my head and heart, and yet am finding it very difficult to turn them into anything productive and clear. My "real life" is very full right now, and takes quite a bit of my energy and concentration, and I just don't feel the ability to concentrate on the blog. I have been spending much time in front of my icon wall, asking for assistance for you all and for my family. It seems there are lots of troubles and sorrows going on right now, and maybe the reason I can not pull together a post is because I am being called to simply pray, and then be quiet. I will be going to Divine Liturgy Friday morning for the feast of St. Panteleimon, as well as receiving another anointing. I will especially be asking for the healing and strength of soul and body for all of you. St. Panteleimon was a healer, and his prayers are very powerful before Our Lord. If you have a specific intention, please leave in the comments, and I will bring them all before the altar of Our Lord, and ask our heavenly friend, St. Panteleimon to pray to God for us as well.

I am also preparing for our annual camping trip, which is no small undertaking. Then I will be on said camping trip. So I shall be quiet here for a number of days, and will return refreshed and ready to harness the words and ideas that have been working their way out in me, God willing.

Remember to leave your prayer intentions before Friday morning, and until I return, May God bless and keep you close in His tender embrace!

10 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Of your charity, please pray for Tanya, whose cancer prognosis is *very* poor indeed. She has a young daughter.

July 24, 2007  
Blogger rita said...

Thank you for your prayers. Please pray for my friend, KK. She is feeling that heavy blanket of depression and can't get our from underneath it- and all the moms out there, who become overwhelmed by those dark emotions.
Thank you and God bless you.

July 24, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

You will be in my prayers as you travel. A quick prayer for my mother would be appreciated. Thank you! And, may the annointing be a blessing.

July 24, 2007  
Blogger Suzanne said...

God bless you, MPN.

July 24, 2007  
Blogger Simple Faith and Life said...

Thank you for offering prayers. Please include our son Paul who is spending this week and next in a vision rehabilitation center, learning new skills to deal with the world as a blind person. I will pray for you and yours at Mass, also. Have a wonderful trip. Love, MM

July 25, 2007  
Blogger june cleaver said...

Take as much time as you need... the blog and all of us readers will be here when you return. Have a safe and happy trip~

July 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Aileen told me about your blog and I've been catching up! I do have a very special request. My friend's 5yo niece was diagnosed 1 1/2 years ago with an inoperable brain stem tumor. They didn't expect her to live this long and are grateful for the extra time. But now the mom can see definite signs that Juli is dying. She is having difficulty eating and sitting. She can't move one of her arms and it is always cold. She can't talk anymore and nothing makes her smile anymore. And now the family have a fight on their hands with hospice services. Someone was at their house yesterday and tried to talk them out of putting a feeding tube in Juli. Please lift this family up in prayer for courage and healing. Thank you and sorry this is so long! Love you and miss you! ~ Heidi

July 25, 2007  
Blogger Mama Bear said...

Prayers needed here!

July 26, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

MPN Bless you. I will keep you in my prayers as well.

A friend of mine from church could really use your prayers as well. Sje was diagnosed with tyriod cancer and though she seems to be on the mend her youngest daughter (just a baby) is undergoing surgery for a heart problem. Please pray for them both.

Thank you MPN! And I will be awaiting your return!

July 26, 2007  
Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

MPN may you have a blessed and fulfilling time of prayer.

July 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home