Thursday, July 19, 2007

The garden will brighten any day... that, and a good anointing


This has been kind of a depressing day. So much of the work we have done to fix up the basement will have to be redone, and just ick. I don't like it. But, to brighten my day, I took some photos of my flowers this year, and thought I would share. Hope you enjoy! (click on image to get a better view)
**We are also going to go to vespers tonight for the feast of St. Elijah. I wrote an icon of him a few years ago, and it remains one of my favorites. After vespers, we will all be anointed, and I know that will ease my ragged soul**



8 Comments:

Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

What a gorgeous garden MPN! You are an artist in nature!

July 19, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

May the annointing help ease your soul indeed. I am giving you virtual hugs.

Your garden is lovely!

July 20, 2007  
Blogger Cathy said...

That's a beautiful garden!
You are so fortunate to have such a nice dwelling.
I'm stuck in a crackerbox condo in the middle of Chicago until the market turns...
;)

July 20, 2007  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I have some ecinacea too! Did I spell that right? LOL! Pretty!
Hope you feel cheery soon!
Suz

July 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're lovely! :o)

July 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful garden! Go outside and look at it often...while you clean up and/or redo the basement. At least it'll cheer you up a little!

July 21, 2007  
Blogger xxxxxx said...

Love the garden!!!And the little birdhouse...is that gooseneck in the second picture?(lysimachia clethroides I should say)

July 30, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Your garden is truly gorgeous !
Happy feast and a blessed anointing to you all.

August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home